Wednesday, December 1, 2010

He Loves Me

I snuggle my head into his shoulder,
Feeling his muscles flex
As he pulls me closer to him.
He smells of aftershave and cooking grease
Familiarity
I breathe it in deeply
Memorizing.
I’m warm and sleepy
With him wrapped around me
And the rhythm of his breathing
Next to my ear begins to sound
Like a lullaby, soothing me to sleep,
But I know that I can only fight sleep for so long.
The bed creaks, as the pressure
Of my weight is released,
But he begs me
Not to leave tonight.
I stand, but feel his arms
Around my waist,
Pulling me back down to him.
He presses his palms into my thighs,
Pushing them up into my hips
Digging them into my waist
Cupping them around my breasts,
Pressing his weight
Onto my chest, and
I gasp for air, but try
To camouflage my innocence
Because he knows
Where to go 
And how to get there,
And naivety will get me left behind
So I follow.
He loosens his grip and moves delicately
To the back of my neck,
Lifting my face towards his.
Eyes closed
Lips open
Distracting me, while he inches
His way back down
To my hips, maneuvering through
The obstacle course of
Belt, button, and zipper
Like the expert that he is.
His fingers snake their way
Into the waist of my jeans.
I think that I’m supposed to say something
Alluring or do something
Sexy but I don’t know
And I’m afraid
I grab his wrist to stop him
To tell him ‘no’ but
 I need time to think and
I don’t know
I don’t know
I don’t know
He doesn’t give 
me time to think before
I feel him in me
And I close my eyes
And I turn my head
And I wait
And listen as he says
That it’s okay
Because he loves me.

2 comments: